Schwanensee Martin Schläpfer
03. October 2019 - 28. June 2020
- Sun 28.06.18.30 - 21.30 hsold out
- Choreographie Martin Schläpfer
- Musikalische Leitung Axel Kober
- Bühne & Kostüme Florian Etti
- Licht Stefan Bolliger
- Dramaturgie Anne do Paço
- Siegfrieds Mutter Virginia Segarra Vidal
- Zeremonienmeister Chidozie Nzerem
- Siegfried Marcos Menha
- Benno Alexandre Simões
- Hofdamen Alexandra Inculet, Helen Clare Kinney
- Siegfrieds Freunde Brice Asnar, Rubén Cabaleiro Campo, Daniel Vizcayo
- Frauen Sinthia Liz, Eleanor Freeman, Norma Magalhães
- Männer Yoav Bosidan, Arthur Stashak, Calogero Failla, Edward Cooper, Daniel Smith
- Odette Marlúcia do Amaral
- Odile Camille Andriot
- Odettes Stiefmutter Young Soon Hue
- Gefolge der Stiefmutter Wun Sze Chan, Yuko Kato, Tomoaki Nakanome, Eric White
- Rotbart Sonny Locsin
- Odettes Großvater Boris Randzio
- Schwanen-frauen Doris Becker, Vivian de Britto Schiller, Feline van Dijken, Sonia Dvořák, Eleanor Freeman, Alexandra Inculet, Marjolaine Laurendeau, Aleksandra Liashenko, Helen Clare Kinney, Sinthia Liz, Norma Magalhães, Asuka Morgenstern, Marié Shimada, Gloria Todeschini, Masha Tolstunova, Tessa Vanheusden
- Prinzessinnen Aleksandra Liashenko, Feline van Dijken, Sonia Dvořák
- Hofstaat Marié Shimada, Eleanor Freeman
- Orchester Duisburger Philharmoniker
Schwanensee Martin Schläpfer
Prince Siegfried has been told to marry but he is young and yearns for life. In the middle of the night by a mysterious lake he is enchanted by a girl. Odette is under an evil spell and can only take on human form for a few hours at a time, after dark…
Almost 20 years after Peter I. Tchaikovsky’s ‘Swan Lake’ was first performed in 1877 at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow, Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov created their legendary St. Petersburg production. Now for the Ballett am Rhein Martin Schläpfer has condensed the famous dance fairy tale into an intense chamber piece in which the human world is visited by a dark romanticism with all its secrets, dreams and longings but also its obsessions, darkness and cruelty.
Manuel Brug’s verdict on this new production in Die Welt was: “A masterpiece of choreography and music theatre. One that strikes straight at the heart of this often chosen story.” The dpa saw a “highly emotional story of love betrayed” in “breathtaking dance characters” and others added: “a wonderful evening of ballet” (Der Tagesspiegel), “a clever and meaningful work” (Neue Zürcher Zeitung), “a revelation” (Süddeutsche Zeitung).
Bühne & Kostüme
Gefolge der Stiefmutter
Schwanen-frauenDoris Becker / Camille Andriot, Vivian de Britto Schiller, Feline van Dijken, Sonia Dvořák, Eleanor Freeman, Alexandra Inculet, Marjolaine Laurendeau, Aleksandra Liashenko, Helen Clare Kinney, Sinthia Liz, Norma Magalhães, Asuka Morgenstern, Marié Shimada, Gloria Todeschini, Masha Tolstunova, Tessa Vanheusden / Wun Sze Chan
Prince Siegfried is celebrating his birthday with his friends – including Benno – and people from the vicinity. The party mood is interrupted by his mother, the Queen, accompanied by the Master of Ceremonies. She informs Siegfried that the next day the ceremony will take place where he has to choose a wife to continue the family dynasty. Siegfried is in despair. He loves his independence and freedom.
Lost in thought, Siegfried runs into the forest. When a group of swans passes him, he feels magically attracted to them. Although it is almost midnight, he follows them and watches as they suddenly transform into women beside a lake. One of them is Odette. She is protected by her grandfather but at the same time at the mercy of her stepmother, an evil witch who holds Odette and her friends prisoner with the aid of Rotbart and her entourage. It is only by day that they can enjoy a little freedom while they are transformed into swans. Odette can only be redeemed by love. Siegfried falls in love with Odette and swears to be faithful to her forever. Her stepmother and Rotbart cast a destructive spell.
The engagement party is in full swing. Three princesses present themselves to Siegfried – but all he can think of is Odette. His friends and the courtiers try everything they can to maintain a cheerful atmosphere in front of the Queen. Suddenly an unexpected guest arrives in the company of an unknown woman. Siegfried takes no notice of the warnings of his own inner voices: convinced that this unknown woman is Odette, he chooses her as his bride. At that moment Odette appears – enchanted by her stepmother. Together with Rotbart she has created Odile – a chimera with the sole purpose of destroying love. Siegfried is distraught. The Queen collapses. She has now lost not only her son but everything she has been living for.
All life has died in the stepmother’s world. In great panic Odette flees back to join her friends. Siegfried has followed her. Once again her grandfather attempts to protect her: but in vain. Her love has been betrayed. Odette dies. Siegfried follows her. Swans glide in circles across the lake.
Kritik in der Rheinischen Post www.rp-online.de
Kritik in der WELT www.welt.de
Bericht bei SWR 2 www.swr.de
Kritik im Tagesspiegelwww.tagesspiegel.de
Kritik in den Ruhrnachrichten / dpa-Meldung www.ruhrnachrichten.de
Kritik in der Westfalenpost www.wp.de
Kritik in der Neuen Zürcher Zeitung www.nzz.ch
Kritik im Online Musik Magazin www.omm.de
Erlebter Tanz: Das sagen unsere BALLETTSCOUTS