DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Significance of data protection
The Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH takes protecting your personal data very seriously. We would like you to know when we are saving which data and how we shall use them. The following declaration gives you an overview of how we guarantee the protection of your personal data and our duties to inform you regarding capture of your personal data.
1. Processing activities
The Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH will process personal data when you use certain offers or services on our website. If you use our online reservation system or fill out our contact form, we will ask you to provide your name, your e-mail address, telephone number and address. In each case once we have received this information we are aware of your identity.
For direct internet purchases your data will be processed on the servers of CTS EVENTIM AG Contrescarpe 75 A 28195 Bremen.
To prevent the misuse of our internet booking system your log-in data will be saved for a suitable period of time whether or not a booking is completed.
2. Purpose of processing personal data
The Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH will process personal data for three basic purposes:
- To complete your purchase/ your reservation
- b. To inform you about events and offers from the Deutsche Oper am Rhein that match your interests (for this we create a profile for you)
- To be able to respond to your request to maintain contact
3. Legal basis for processing
- There is a legal obligation to store data in accordance with §257 of the German Commercial Code and 147 of the German Fiscal Code regarding the contractual completion of a ticket sale
- Processing is legal in accordance with Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation paragraph 1a – if consent has been given; paragraph 1b – if processing is necessary for performance of the contract, 1f – to create a client profile
4. Right to be informed
You have the right to receive information about your personal data being processed by the Deutsche Oper am Rhein if those data have been processed for reasons other than legal or contractual storage regulations.
5. Right of refusal / right “to be forgotten”
You have the opportunity to refuse to have your data stored. The data will then be deleted, blocked or corrected, as far as the Deutsche Oper am Rhein can achieve this in technical and/or organizational terms and it is possible under applicable law. The processing of personal data that must be stored to fulfil a contract and must therefore be saved for the required legal period of storage cannot be effectively refused.
You may refuse the processing of your data for the purposes of creating a client profile at any time. Such data will then be deleted.
Note: the Deutsche Oper am Rhein is not in a position to guarantee that data on the internet can no longer be accessed or misused by third parties as the use of e.g. social networks is generally associated with data protection risks.
If you have a complaint please direct this to the Deutsche Oper am Rhein. You may also take a complaint to the regulatory body (for address see below).
6. Communication to third parties / data recipients
The Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH will only pass on your personal data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- if you have given your consent
- or if this is necessary to complete your reservation or the services which you wish to make use of.
- if an enforcable order is presented by the authorities or courts
- or as far as this is necessary in a lawful manner to prevent misuse of our offers or services, in particular usage that contravenes the general terms of business of the Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH or special conditions of use.
To the extent that we are required by law or by court order to do so, we will pass on your data to offices entitled to receive that information.
7. Social media / links to other websites
The Deutsche Oper am Rhein also presents itself via online social networks offered by other companies (e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc.)
Please note that for the registration and use of such online networks the respective data protection and usage conditions of these companies apply.
Details of data processing can be found here:
Although we take care in selecting our business partners, we cannot guarantee or accept liability for the content and data security of websites of third parties are accurate or complete. For this reason this data protection notice does not apply to linked websites of third parties.
As content provider for its own content that it makes available for your use, the Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH is responsible under general law. A distinction must be made between this individual content and external links to content made available by other providers. Such external content does not originate from the Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH, nor does the Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH have the opportunity to influence the content of third party websites. The contents of other web pages to which the Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH refers by means of links do not reflect the views of the Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH, but serve purely for purposes of information and the presentation of associations.
9. Privacy by design / privacy by default (security of data processing)
The Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH makes its best endeavours to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unnauthorized access and destruction.
- Encryption (technical security): your order data for online ticket sales (webshop) is transferred in encrypted form for reasons of security.
- Staff in sales and service (organizational security): all staff of the Deutsche Oper am Rhein engaged in processing client data are obliged to treat personal data in a manner compliant with data protection law and are regularly trained in/ made aware of this.
10. Office responsible
Deutsche Oper am Rhein
Our staff are familiar with the data protection regulations and obliged to follow them strictly. When we contract external suppliers to deliver offers or services, these are bound by the data protection regulations.
11. Data Protection Officer of the Deutsche Oper am Rhein
Office: Elberfelder Str. 2 (if communicating by post please use the address: Deutsche Oper am Rhein: Heinrich-Heine-Allee 16a)
12. Relevant regulatory authority for data protection
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
(State Data Protection and Freedom of Information Officer)
Kavalleriestr. 2 - 4
13. Changes to this data protection policy
In the event of us introducing new services, changing our internet procedures or if further technological advances are made in internet and IT security, this data protection policy will be updated. For this reason we reserve the right to change or supplement it where required. The changes will be published here. You should therefore check this web page regularly in order to inform yourself of the current version of this data protection policy.
Despite careful checking, no liability is accepted that these web pages are accurate, comprehensive or up to date. In particular the Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGbmH accepts no liability for any damages or consequences that arise as a result of the direct or indirect use of the content offered.
Data Protection Officer of the Deutsche Oper am Rhein gGmbH